Thursday 5 March 2015

Writing is hard!

As many people who have to write to a daily deadline the blinking of the curser is a constant reminder of time passing, as you search your brain for inspiration.
I know that sounds morbid but its true, I had to start this blog because of my degree, and I need to keep it updated everyday, which is difficult. Just think I write stuff that people actually read! I mean I have followers, I don’t want to just write any old dross just to fill the pages. I’d like to think that I have some pride in what I type, but at the moment I am having some sort of writers block.

As I type this I am hurtling down the M6 head back to University, I’m not driving, I cant multi task that well, my Girlfriend is driving. To be honest I think she regrets offering to drive, as I am one of the worst back seat driver. I use to get angry with my Mum when she would press for an imaginary break when I was driving, but I now find my self doing the same. I don’t know why I do it. My Girlfriend is a good driver, she has been driving just as long as me, so maybe I should man up.



We had nipped up to my parents for the night as there was a Stoke Home game, and being the loyal stoke fan I am I don’t want to miss a game, even though there was apparently a decent house party last night. The Girlfriend before she met me, had never been to a football game, she was raised on Rugby, Hockey and Lacrosse. But now she has been to three stoke games, and from what I can see she loves it, maybe because, all the three times Stoke have won, which means I’m in a good mood. But the other reason I think she likes the games is because of the guys in front of us comments, who sound like the old men in the booth from the muppets.



It has come to the point in the season that we have to renew our season tickets. We have always had three in the past; one for my dad, my brother and me. But now my brother is expecting another child and lives further south than I do, plus he is married so there for make every game. I would be going into the start of my final year of Uni When the season start, so I should really concentrate on the work, but should I really stop a hobby which I have been doing since I was 6? I believe I shouldn’t and I think we will carry on and just find people to take instead of my brother when he can’t come.

We always say that this season will be our last, as the commitment to life’s more important aspect take over, but I always said if I can afford to get to games I will always go, I have every game in my calendar so working around them in advance is easy. My Dad always books holidays around games so as not to miss games.  As the team has been getting better and better over the years I am incredibly reluctant to give up on the team, purely for the fact that sods law dictates that they will qualify in the top four and I will never get a season ticket again.

I shall end here by saying that we did discuss what the ticket options are and I think we will stick with what we always do, but as time goes on, each game to me seems more and more precious, as the time ticks away, to the moment I have to give up the ticket which as ruled my life for so many years, to things that are more important than football. 



No comments:

Post a Comment