Wednesday 29 October 2014

Look Mum I'm an Author

The idea of a person who has problems with grammar and spelling starting a blog, may seem stupid it may also not make much sense. But I know at some point in my degree I have to start one so I thought I would start one while I procrastinate over another essay. 

I start with one thing that might help with the title. I have two older brothers they both have children. I'm sure many parents have had to spelling items or activities out, as to not excite the children. 

Being dyslexic this can be incredibly difficult for me,  I'm often standing there looking like I'm trying to figure out the meaning of life and when I have solved this complex puzzle of letters the moment has passed, and now the children know what's is going on.

I should also explain the name of the website SlightlyPoshStokie. I grew up on the fringes of Stoke, but both my parents are from Surrey, which meant whilst I was growing up I was always seen as posh because I pronounced "bath, grass, glass and laugh" with an "R". Along with the fact I'm a huge Stoke City fan.

For the interest of my safety I will not start slagging off the potteries, but its version of classy is an Adidas tracksuit instead of a Lonsdale one. But I hear since I have left the area it now has a Nandos so it almost to the levels of Milton Keynes.

I hope you enjoyed my musings, there will be more to come. They may have some more comprehensive structure. 

Your comments will not be read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment