Friday 31 October 2014

Procrastinating

I have been in the library now for roughly 40 minutes. I came here with the premise of trying to get some essay prep done. So far I have bought two shirts from asos, watched multiple trailers, tried to organise a trip to London. Not once have opened a book, although I have got my essay up on word.

My point is that many people ( I use the term many wishfully) will be reading this after going on Facebook which, lets be honest is the biggest procrastinating tool ever! You will either be on your phones or laptops, keeping your self busy whilst on the loo or whilst you are meant to be doing something else.

I find especially people my age find it all most impossible to not to be looking at a screen when they have nothing to do. Take for instance you are on a date and your date goes to the bathroom, the first thing many of us do is get our phones out.



Or say you are meeting friends and you're early, you get your phone out check Facebook, Twitter or what ever your crux is.

I must admit, I am the worst offender of this, I like to think its on my dyslexia that I constantly need visual stimulation or my brain goes crazy. I'm sure many people are like this, but lets all try together to not reach for our phones in times of boredom. Just enjoy everything around you, unless there is a funny cat video, I can allow that.

I have kinda run out of things to say on this issue, I should really start this essay. I will add, seeing as you're on Facebook it would nice if you could share this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment