Monday 2 February 2015

This just in .....

So today is deadline day, the day when every football fan is glued to Sky Sports News or Twitter to get the latest news, on the ins and outs of their club, maybe your team is pushing for the title, or clinging on to the end trails of survival. Either way I bet you hope that your club will sign some amazing player who will turn your season around. For me I hope stoke sign Van Der Vart on loan until Bojan is fit again but I doubt that will happen.

But lets get back to the whole ordeal of waiting for transfer news, if you switch on Sky Sports HQ right now you will see a sea of flashing images with rumours and facts about players going here there and everywhere. But the thing you will notice is the yellow, all the men have yellow ties, in Gary Nevilles case a fancy yellow pocket hanky. The ladies who are always good looking will have either a blue or yellow dress. I know that TV is a business and they need to build a brand and have to make people recognize their quality but do they really need to make everything so dramatic;




For one January deadline day is always crap, not a lot of the big money is spent, the big money that is spent turns into a flop, Berbatov is a classic example. But also Sky sports news has the amazing ability of making a footballer driving down the M6 the most important thing in the world. 

I am a huge hypocrite when it comes to this though, transfer deadline day is one of my favourite times of the year, in the past I have been known to be at the Stoke training ground for a couple of hours to hopefully get a glimpse of the new signings, the best one being Peter Crouch dancing in the window after signing for us. I was even interviewed by BBC about my thoughts on the signing of Jack Butland. It is a rush when you see your club linked with a new player, someone you may have bought on fifa, someone who is in your fantasy football team.

The amount of amazement I had when we sign Bojan from Barcelona was incredible, if we had another one of those moments this window I would be a happy bunny, as I'm sure every football fan would be. But I'm waffling, I must get back to watching the repetitive images of footballs walking to their cars.    


No comments:

Post a Comment